Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Creative Follow-up


A few weeks ago I interviewed for a dream internship. I sent a thank you following the interview, and now it is time for the follow up email. I was told that for this particular position, I need to keep following up until a position becomes available. As I was writing my email, I realized how redundant it would become sending the same emails every week or two. I need to be more creative next time around - so I came up with a perfect idea...

Everyone in LA loves Sprinkles cupcakes. I have decided that in 12 days from today I will send the interviewer a dozen cupcakes. I will include a personalized note along the lines of "It's been 12 days since my last follow up, hope to hear from you soon. Happy Holidays!"

This will also make for an enjoyable holiday treat for the whole office!

No comments:

Post a Comment