Thursday, October 15, 2009

Out of the SHOEbox



I have realized the Internet can be a very useful source of ensuring your success. Twitter, Facebook, Blogs – they can be used for a greater advantage than just keeping in touch with friends.

Case and Point
While reading a fashion blog, I realized the editor and chief of my magazine of choice is having a book signing in Los Angeles this week. I will be there of course, with another Louboutin shoe, a resume and cover letter. There is nothing like face to face contact!

Here are a few key steps in utilizing the web…
1. Follow your desired companies on Twitter, Facebook ect. – especially the key executives and decision makers.
2. Dial into in blogs that are related to your desired industry. For example – I have found a million fashion blogs that post amazing internship opportunities and events I would have never known about otherwise. They also updated to the minute!
3. Look out for events, appearances, seminars, ect. that may get you up close and personal with your muse.


No comments:

Post a Comment