Thursday, November 12, 2009

Overachiever


"The art of setting goals involves establishing specific, measurable and time-targeted objectives."

To be most effective goals should be tangible, specific, realistic and have a time targeted for completion. You need to have a plan of action to achieve goals – the more precise the better. Sometimes I get so caught up in random tasks, that I do not put enough motivation and time into the deliberate steps I need to take to achieve my goals. 

        I recently bought a miniature notebook that I carry with me everywhere. I write down every task I complete during the day. At the end of the week I compare my achievements with my goals. I then modify my objectives for the following week.

I have been using this tactic for a month now - I think It’s an amazing way to track your progress and hold yourself accountable!

No comments:

Post a Comment