Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Out of the SHOEbox

        Scoring an interview for your dream job sounds a lot easier in college. After graduation, I find many students settling for what will work for the time being. Panic mode sets in and cash is king. Even the most ambitious graduates can have trouble getting their “foot in the door.” 


       Creativity is crucial in this job market. With so many talented professionals fighting for the same position, you must set yourself apart. The first obstacle any graduate must overcome is getting the interview.

       In a recent quest to join the Rodarte team, I sent in a resume, cover letter (a must), and a Louboutin shoe with a note that read “trying to get my foot in the door.” Now that they have my shoe – they are pretty much obligated to contact me.

Thought I would get your creative juices flowing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment