Monday, February 15, 2010

How Do You Compare?

At 22 years old, most people would say that I am pretty successful for my age ~ but I beg to differ. I feel there are numerous young adults more successful, intelligent, well networked, and more goal oriented than myself. I read about these success stories everyday, stories about twenty something year old entrepreneurs who change the game. These articles frighten me, I suddenly feel like I am wayyyy behind the rest. I know I am going a little overboard but what I am getting at is this ~ compare yourself to those who you aspire to mirror. I see too many individuals comparing themselves only to their immediate sphere of influence. You can easily deem yourself successful when comparing your accomplishments to those who have achieved less. I altered this quote, but like the saying goes "It will be difficult to soar with the eagles if you compare yourself to turkeys."

No comments:

Post a Comment